1. Membership and Payment Choices
Membership of the Lottery is open to anyone over the age of 18, resident in Great Britain and is limited to 10 entries per week; i.e. £10 per week.
- Each entry costs £1 per week payable in advance, all subscriptions received will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique lottery number.
- Payment methods include DIRECT DEBIT, DEBIT CARD, or CHEQUE.
- Members may choose to pay annually, every six months, quarterly or (by Direct Debit only) on a monthly basis. Monthly subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p which accumulates and funds the 13th week, which occurs every three months.
- A unique, randomly selected Lottery Number will be issued when you become a member for each entry.
- TLC also promotes our Lottery at venues such as Supermarkets and Shopping Centres by selling Single Tickets for £1 which gives you an entry in one week’s draw only, draw date as stated on the ticket.
There are 163 cash prizes drawn each week. These are:
- 1st: £1,000*
- 2nd: £100
- 3rd: £50
- 60 Prizes of £10
- 100 Prizes of £5
*Twice a year we increase the 1st prize from £1,000 to £2,500 in our Summer and Winter Super Draws. Additional entry tickets are available to purchase for these draws.
The total prize fund each week is therefore £2,250 with the exception of the two Super Draw weeks.
All prizes are guaranteed to be won every week. This is guaranteed, because only members who have paid in advance, and are therefore “in credit” and Single Tickets sold are included in the draw which takes place each Friday. We reserve the right, subject to holidays and unforeseen circumstances, to change the draw date without notice, in that event, the draw will take place as soon as possible and before the next weekly draw.
- 1. TLC Lottery does not make the weekly draws itself. This is done on our behalf by an independent bureau, StarVale Management & Technolgies Ltd, who are based at The Tannery, Chapel Lane, Galgate, Lancs LA2 0PR. The draw is done at random and no TLC staff are involved with the arrangements for the weekly draw. StarVale also administers the database of members and records payments.
- 2. You acknowledge that your payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that you will win any prize.
- 3. Prize winners will be notified by letter within 7 days of the draw.
- 4. Cash prizes awarded will be made by Cheque in the name of the member only.
- 5. You are solely responsible for providing TLC with your accurate and up-to-date contact details and advising TLC of any changes to these. TLC will not be liable for any failure or inability to contact any member due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details. In such circumstances it becomes your responsibility to claim a prize, winnings should be claimed within 6 months of the draw date.
- 6. a. If you choose not to continue with your membership, you may cancel at any time by notifying TLC in writing, by telephone or email although any cancellation received after 1200 hours on a Wednesday may not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
b. Subject to 6(a), if you cancel, any credit will be used to continue your unique number(s) in the weekly draw until that credit expires unless a member specifically requests a refund. Unclaimed amounts and balances under £1 will be treated as donations. If you subscribe by direct debit or standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
- 7. If a member pays twice in error, the extra credit will normally be used to extend their period of credit in the draw, but if a member prefers a refund that will be arranged on request. If an error has been made via a direct debit, the banks’ “Direct Debit Guarantee” applies.
- 8. The winning lottery numbers are published on our website and in Saturday’s Birmingham Mail newspaper. Members can request to have the winning numbers emailed to them.
- 9. Members with any query concerning their Lottery membership or account should telephone Lorraine Halling or Rachel Bacchus on 01564 825047 Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.
- 10. You may access the information held about you by contacting TLC in writing.
4. Regulatory Information
This information is correct for draws held with effect from 24 September 2010 onwards.
TLC Lotteries Ltd is a joint venture between; Acorns Children’s Hospice, Birmingham St. Mary’s Hospice & Focus Birmingham. All surpluses from our Lottery are distributed in equal shares to the joint venture charities.
TLC receives Members Payments in Advance and these funds are kept in an account separate from the business accounts. These funds would nevertheless form part of the assets of the business in the event of insolvency. The Gambling Commission categorises such a policy for holding members funds as having a Basic rating.
Registered Office; TLC Lotteries Ltd, Drakes Court, 302 Alcester Road, Wythall, Birmingham B47 6JR
Company Registration; 03186938
Responsible person; Lorraine Halling
Licenced by the Gambling Commission;
5. Responsible Gambling
TLC Lottery is licenced by the Gambling Commission and is a founder member of the Hospice Lotteries Association and a member of The Lotteries Council. All three organisations are committed to using lotteries for responsible fundraising and to working together to encourage a sensible attitude to gambling and providing access to support, if required to.
The National Gambling helpline number is 0808 8020 133
For further information visit;
It is an offence to gamble under the age of 16 although TLC runs an over 18 policy. This statement is reinforced by the requirement of a date of birth for all new players. TLC reserves the right to spot check any member who will be asked to confirm their date of birth, should there be any doubt then further checks will take place, initially by asking for age identification such as a copy passport or driving licence.
6. The Gambling Act 2005
- As it is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery we have a statutory duty to verify that you are over the age of 16 and reside in Great Britain. By applying to become a player you agree to us carrying out any checks that are deemed appropriate which may include a reference to credit and government agencies. Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 we will refund their money and withhold the prize.
- A request to self-exclude, as defined by the Gambling Legislation, may be made electronically via our website, alternatively a self-exclusion form can be requested from the TLC Office. This will mean that you will not be able to rejoin the Lottery for a minimum period of 12 months from the date of self-exclusion.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available on our website or the TLC Lottery office. In the event a complaint or dispute can not be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- We reserve the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions at anytime without notice.